Greeting All

1968USMC

My name is Joe aka Smitty aka USMC1968 in game. I'm 63 and have been gaming off and on for many years. USMC1968 in game name is the name I came up with because I went into the Marine Corps in Nov. 68. I was a Marine Combat Engineer while in the Corps. I was a Lineman while in service among other Military occupations . My age Proves that even at my age gaming is for all ages. So Greetings all see you in game.
1249.jpg

Last edited:
I had another thought. When in training to be a combat lineman they told us and is obvious that we / "lineman make perfect targets". I found out hanging around you guy/gals that statement is even more true in game.

Welcome to the community! I appreciate you service to America, I have no idea what a Marine lineman is as they don't have a football team, and I'll be sure to find you on the battlefield!

Welcome to the community! I appreciate you service to America, I have no idea what a Marine lineman is as they don't have a football team, and I'll be sure to find you on the battlefield!

Heres a link for ya https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lineman_(technician)

A lineman (American English) or linesman (British English), also occasionally called a lineworker, powerline technician (PLT), or a powerline worker, is a tradesman who constructs and maintains electric power transmission and distribution facilities. The term is also used for those who install and maintain telephone, telegraph, cable TV and more recent fiber optic lines.

Welcome 1968USMC. Much respect to you and those who have served to protect our freedom.

Semper Fi, do I have to change my name to USMC1981 now? Just be glad you weren't a field radio operator back then, those guys had antennas for target acquisition by the enemy.

Welcome! Glad to finally see the recruit label on you!

Thanks for your service Sir! I'm 49 and am also one of the 'older' guys in Battlefield but I know a lot of guys in their 50's and 60's that kick ass. There is so much strategy involved. Twitch reflexes will only get you so far!

Back