For those of us who trying to understand what Netcode is....

Battle(non)sense is good stuff, I've been subscribed for quite awhile to him

There is also this issue of player models not lining up with hitboxes
R8u9cr5.gif

exactly... I've been experiencing this ever since the game was released... had I know then what I know now, I'd probably still buy the game... that is until I discovered Arma3.... that game looks pretty good.... haven't bought it yet...

There is a noticible feel when you play on the 60Hz BF4 CTE servers. I suggest giving them a try for a taste of what's to (eventually) come. It feels like a different game, all together.

Why didn't they include this change in the beginning?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think EA was pressured to release a new game or run the risk of losing it's fan base... I suppose we'll see this fixed in battlefield 5.

I think EA was pressured to release a new game or run the risk of losing it's fan base... I suppose we'll see this fixed in battlefield 5.
EA pressured DICE, you mean.

Look at theat video at 43 seconds when the player with 170 ping can come out from behind that wall and the other player cannot see him yet, Thats why on ps4 we kicked out many brazil and japan players purposely playing out of regions. Well south america has no servers on console so on ps4 their was on avg about 9 to 22 players in a server w minimum ping of 160

would it be to their disadvantage to be playing in a server with a high ping? or are they taking advantage of this latency/ping issue... sort of an exploit I suppose.

Yes... Still, can't blame DICE... or maybe we can... lol.... (_8^(I)

I blame DICE for consistently, and when I say consistently I mean with every patch they put out....they have consistently broken something that was not an issue prior to the patch. For example on the latest patch (winter patch) would be that jumping over balconies in Charlie in conquest in Gulf of Oman is impossible.

I'm already wondering what the spring patch will break but it will break something and it's no longer EA's fault. Yes EA rushed them to develop but it's in DICEs hands now, it has been. DICE Stockholm fucked around too much and to the credit of DICE LA, they have fixed many things that Stockholm didn't and I respect DICE LA much more for that. However, DICE LA kept the tradition going by breaking things.

As far as EA....this explains them pretty much

@MEX_cuz_I_CAN that's why more and more developers are leaving the AAA industry for the indie scene. Far more rewarding.

I think I'll evaluate Arma3... I bet Battlefield 5/6/7 or what ever EA releases will be bugged... heck, I may even consider conterstrike...

I think I'll evaluate Arma3... I bet Battlefield 5/6/7 or what ever EA releases will be bugged... heck, I may even consider conterstrike...

The way DICE is messing around, I doubt there will be a Battlefield 6, I'm thinking 5 will be the last one the way they're going. They can change, but I'm losing hope in them after Hardline

Back