[DAYZ] DayZ Server Rules Rough Draft (Google Doc)

May need to be altered a bit, but good so far!

Thanks! That's why it's here, Soulzz. That was our goal.

Any and all input is welcome!

Last edited:
I would add intentional crashing of servers, since we are now recording the who what when of the crashing.

And no poisoning? come on ;)

Yeah i have a question on the "trolling" part of rules. For an example:1)I am in a firefight, knock a guy out, i then decide to handcuff him/poison him..eventually kill him. 2)I decide to group up with some people and handcuff one, poison the other and then axe the last guy a question. Which one applies ?

Last edited:
It's trolling people you are in Teamspeak with. Feel free to torture those you aren't able to talk to outside the game.

It's trolling people you are in Teamspeak with. Feel free to torture those you aren't able to talk to outside the game.
but what about when I trolled you guys... or James and seed, or anyone new I meet for that matter? its like and initiation and I expect people to take that as a badge of honor since I like them so much I make them want to crap their pants :)

Cases like that I don;t see an issue with. Its not causing anyone true harm or incapacitating them.

combat log/rage quit may need to be removed....tough to enforce whether people alt-f4 or not

Game crashes happen often if not more frequent. Idk sometimes i get shot up in a battle and i honestly am like well fuck that shit i'm going to log,before i do i check where i am and if everyone is alive i'll see through it but damn running is such a drag.

I pulled it down. No one likes when it happens. Would like to discourage it, but enforcement becomes an issue.

I like those changes. I would like if going forward you could log any changes made. I changed some vernacular on the Teamspeak rules. Keeping it consistent.
Removed the BF4 rules. I don't feel we need to see them for reference any longer.

NP. thinking I should make the changes in red, because TURBO!

Added: Hacking condition- Hacking Global Chat (VOIP/Chat)

I banned someone for this last night. Banned a racial name tonight.

Not having seen any activity here for a while, perhaps it is time to look towards finalization. Thoughts?

I would say yes, we can always tweak it down the road if/when new cheats come out

Just my 2 cents. Make sure the rules are favorable to running a popular server.

I read through about 30 other server rules lists. this includes a couple others we have frequented. I haven't seen anything different.

Back