Commander Mode - ITBGI Battlefield 3 Server

Ghost_JAC

Hello TBG admin,

My name is Joe Cospito, in game name Ghost_JAC, and I am the leader of the SAS platoon that plays very, very frequently on your TBG Battlefield 3 server. We have around 15 active members and are a large part of the "core group" of familiar names that frequent that server. I am here to respectfully request turning off commander mode for this server. Your TBG Battlefield 3 server attracts alot, and I mean ALOT, of high caliber very skilled players. I am hearing more and more frustration voiced, certainly within my platoon, on the commander feature ruining alot of good games due to constant gunship spam, cruise missile deaths and UAV spam. It reduces tactical gameplay to constantly be spotted on the minimap by UAV, or repeatedly being crushed by by a gunship or cruise missile against which nothing can be done while you are playing the objective. Comabt success in Battlefield 4 should be based on skill and one's use of tactics. Cruise missiles, gunships and UAVs results in many frustrating deaths in situations where your abilities and tactics would have been rewarded otherwise. This is our respectful request to turn off commander mode for the TBG BF3 server. Thank you for your time in considering this request, and thank you for providing this server for us to play on.

Respecfully,

Joe "Ghost_JAC"

It has always been a point of contention. The commander mode has never been that popular in BF4, and because of this you very seldom see two commanders online. This can cause it to feel one sided as infantry cannot counter the Commander at all. This is a design flaw.

We will certainly take your input into consideration.

Thanks so much for considering this input. I am familiar with almost all the regular players on that server and I am certain none of them would lament the commander mode being turned off. Even last night we brought over an old friend from BF3 to TBG and he was nuked 3 timesin a row by the gunship in a single match....he left the match saying he will never play again on a server with commander mode. It's hard to blame him for this frustration. One other point I forgot to mention is that incredibly talented jet pilots frequent the server. In combination with a gunship, this becomes a nightmare for the team without the stud pilots (or a commander as you mentioned) since the gunship literally can stay in orbit indefinitely, shutting down most of the map and expediting the base rape situation. I can't even count the number of rage quits and frustration over the last 2 years that have been voiced while playing these maps that are related to commander mode. Thank you for hearing our plea.

Ghost_JAC

It is always nice to hear some well thought, and mature feedback from our members. So thank you for that! We see far too many people complain/whine in the servers. But in all actuality it really does nothing. The best solution is to be proactive and submit feedback where is can be reviewed by the head admins, and founders.

If the BF3 maps server regulars dont provide feedback for a day or two we could try eliminating the commander from that server. I know most of our servers dont have it.

I've played on that server quite a bit, I think it will definitely improve the game play, not just because of the gunship, but also it will keep out idiot commanders who just want the guys to get the points where the gunship and cruise missiles are. Plus the spamming is annoying.

Reactions: Ash
So, my phone just went off with a text message onslaught from my platoon members.....commander is off!!! We are so thankful and excited. From all of us at SAS a big thanks to the TBG administration for the quick and thoughtful action. This really will enrich the gameplay on the server, I am absolutely positive of it. Also, the 40hz tick rate feels really good. Gunplay is tight and hit registration feels good. No rubber banding in vehicles either comapred to the 60hz version. Keep up the good administration guys, and thanks once again.

Joe

Excited to see how gameplay works out: the gunship only bothered me in Gulf of Oman but if it REALLY did, I'd get in a jet and drop it

At least there won't be commanders supplying snipers on rooftops & mountains anymore. That's just supporting a bad addiction, like me and my drug & alcohol use :eek:

As a commander, I hope there will still be a server or two that keeps it. I at least help my team when I play as commander and don't go MIA just to get free points.

Thanks Mexi, Quantum Ranger, yeah it was a breath of fresh air playing TBG last night without having to deal with commander imbalance. I really hope for BF5 they eliminate the feature completely or go back to a more pure implementation of it like in BF2.

I was wondering what happened to commander mode the other night. Huh. Anyways. Now i know.
I see those SAS guys in my killcam quite often as I'm a regular on the server also.
I kinda like it without commander mode but sometimes that autobalancer sucks. Big time!

Back