BFH: Experiences

Vordar

Well someone pretty much paid for it for me, and at the checkout, it says I have 24 hours from the first time I join a game to return it if im not satisfied. I figured it was worth trying then...

Thoughts:
*Choppers are pretty damn OP still. A good pilot and gunner can and will own most everything
*Cars have less health than I remember in the 2nd beta
*There is no spawn protection. Half of my deaths are from joining someone who is taken out. The screen barely loads and you are down
*64 player maps are almost too chaotic. It seems like you spend more rounds to kill someone and take less to die, but 64 players seems to guarantee every time you aim at someone, someone is right behind you
*Driving is fun. It has a GTA sort of feel to it to cruise down the streets and look for anyone trying to hide behind cover

Overall, its a change from BF4. It's more fast paced than Im used to, and would like to get used to it some time... but I don't think it's the right time. There are a few issues I've noticed like a light box around a person's body, what i would imagine is their hit box, and not only is it not attractive, it makes me scratch my head at I die to a body shot, while my ankle is the only thing exposed. It's kind of fun, but I don't know that Im ready to stick with it and say its worth the money. I DID just get H1Z1, and another hearthstone Xpac is coming out soon. That and lets face it, it's fun to play with friends and clan mates, and there isn't a ton of interest at the moment.

End Decision - I'll probably return it tomorrow after I get home and play a round or two. It would take getting used to, and thats not bad, but it's not enough to make me really want it right now. My time would be better spent elsewhere for now.

********EDIT*********
No, i did NOT return the game, and I have to say I love hotwire. It's not a mode you worry about your KD at all, you do what you have to do control the nodes, and I love that. Sure people will camp it up, snipers and roadside traps ETC, but still, loads of fun!

Last edited:
conquest definitely plays like battlefield. The other stuff plays differently but still has a BF feel to it.

i CANt even watch that first video about teh revive glitch...diced on youtube as well?

well i thought the beta need help and i knew just by playing it it was not for me.I remeber when i bought BF4 it was only year after i bought BF3 that i would give BF4 a chance
Hardline still needs help and at $60.00 they(EA) can keep it.
You know my personal thought are that EA throws stuff against the wall and see's whats sticks? well that's not a good idea.. alot games fail and only a few are good Hits.
the good games that only come out and are better then before are like
Grand Theft Auto and they don't come out every year with a new game .they take the time to make a Game Good maybe EA should take Notice.

I like it so far, it's pretty cool except there is one map that's really small for 64 players. The aprtment map, that should be 32 imo. Hotwire is pretty cool. Sniper rifles are OP atm and easy to use. Normal to me plays like hardcore except with all your hud and shit. Takes 4-5 shots to kill someone and actually registers the bullets. Does not feel glitchy at all, i think the developer who made this battlefield should make BF5 and not dice.

It's more infantry oriented than vehicles. Lots of vehicles but mostly for transport.

Last edited:
i think the developer who made this battlefield should make BF5 and not dice.

you have to remember Visceral is using the Frostbite 3 engine that DICE made so DICE is driving, Visceral is just taking it somewhere else. I'm glad you like the game, it's not my style as I'm sure you know by now. Are you going to get GTA V when it comes out, going to wait a bit, or skip it?

I'm eventually going to get it but I'm debating getting it when it comes out vs. a year or more from now when it's cheaper but a con I think about that is I'll miss out on some multiplayer action but a pro is I always have fun with the single player so waiting longer to pay less isn't a big deal.

I cant say I appreciate the TTK, but thats my biggest beef atm i think...

you have to remember Visceral is using the Frostbite 3 engine that DICE made so DICE is driving, Visceral is just taking it somewhere else. I'm glad you like the game, it's not my style as I'm sure you know by now. Are you going to get GTA V when it comes out, going to wait a bit, or skip it?

I'm eventually going to get it but I'm debating getting it when it comes out vs. a year or more from now when it's cheaper but a con I think about that is I'll miss out on some multiplayer action but a pro is I always have fun with the single player so waiting longer to pay less isn't a big deal.

I only considered games that have multiplayer and dedicated servers. I dont play campaigns anymore i know im weird.

Going back to topic, played more maps I would say they are really large BC2 maps but not bf3 or bf4 maps. So like harvest or heavy metal conquest map in bc2, that would be perfect example.

Harvest is a great map, the swamplands one is not bad either. TTK with the apartments map... like its a decent design, but 32 people max, and even then it seems like you die within 5 seconds of spawning. smaller infantry maps aren't bad, but there aren't fire fights, it's who has the best gun and fired the first shot with it. If you're being shot at, chances are youre already dead!

smaller infantry maps aren't bad, but there aren't fire fights, it's who has the best gun and fired the first shot with it. If you're being shot at, chances are youre already dead!

Yeah definitely plays like hardcore. I imagine they will make things less OP with patches. I'll probably drop the hotwire/conquest server from 64 to 48

Hotwire is okay on either I think, least the experience i have so far

WAYYYYYYYYY too much RPG action in hotwire. It's cool to get, but there is way too much rpg.

Back