[BF4] BF4 Premium - worth it at this point?

Mr. Bojangles

So I picked up the trial of BF4, since I haven't played since BF2, and it seemed like fun (for the hour I got with it).
Looking at the pricing, the base game is $20 which is decent, but it looks like the premium price has dropped to $60 and includes a bunch of extras like skins or something. But should I even bother with Premium?

I have all the DLC, I grabbed it when it went up for free, so now I have all the DLC but no game lol.

With BF1 coming out soon, I'm not sure if I should bother. Is premium really that good?

Also, can anyone explain the whole "play it for $4.99/mo" that keeps coming up in my origin client?

Origin access: pay 5 bucks a month and get access to various games including bf4/hardleine and like 20 others.

And if you stop paying you lose access? Is there some point where you get to keep them? Like once you've paid the full cost of the game?

And if you stop paying you lose access? Is there some point where you get to keep them? Like once you've paid the full cost of the game?

I don't believe so, I'm sure it'll go on sale again soon. It was 5 bucks a few weeks ago if I remember right. You are ahead of the game if you got the dlc for free, smart move :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter which way you decide to go either by buying the game or going origin access you should wait until the game is released or that we have confirmed information by EA/Dice on if we can rent servers. That might change your mind if almost nobody is playing because we can't rent servers... Personally if we can't rent servers I might just do origin access for a month to see how it is and not waste big $$$ for it. But if we can rent servers than I will probably end up buying the game instead of wasting money on origin access.

Last edited:
No matter which way you decide to go either by buying the game or going origin access you should wait until the game is released or that we have confirmed information by EA/Dice on if we can rent servers. That might change your mind if almost nobody is playing because we can't rent servers... Personally if we can't rent servers I might just do origin access for a month to see how it is and not waste big $$$ for it. But if we can rent servers than I will probably end up buying the game instead of wasting money on origin access.

You're talking about BF1 right? I'll definitely be waiting for it to go on sale before I buy it. From what I've seen so far it doesn't justify the $80+cdn price tag

Never do anything with a recurring charge in Origin.
Ever....

What happens when you miss 1 month's payments?
What happens when the 5 bucks overdrafts your account with a $35 fee.
$60 a year for 19 games you'll never play and 1-2 you will.

Play BF4 on TBG servers, with admins that actually give a shit.

Players who are banned from TBG will, beg, plead,cry, offer bribes of donations, private message admins for special treatment...
ANYTHING, to get unbanned.
There are hundreds of other servers to play on....yet, they want back in....why is that?

Word to the Wise: Don't order BF1 unless your computer meets the 'Suggested Specs' (not minimum) AND, EA let's us know that we can FULLY and PROPERLY run a server like we do in BF4.

Never do anything with a recurring charge in Origin.
Ever....

What happens when you miss 1 month's payments?
What happens when the 5 bucks overdrafts your account with a $35 fee.
$60 a year for 19 games you'll never play and 1-2 you will.

Play BF4 on TBG servers, with admins that actually give a shit.

Players who are banned from TBG will, beg, plead,cry, offer bribes of donations, private message admins for special treatment...
ANYTHING, to get unbanned.
There are hundreds of other servers to play on....yet, they want back in....why is that?

Word to the Wise: Don't order BF1 unless your computer meets the 'Suggested Specs' (not minimum) AND, EA let's us know that we can FULLY and PROPERLY run a server like we do in BF4.

Yeah I think the origin access thing is silly. I didn't really enjoy BF1 that much, it was alright but not the super amazing thing it was hyped up to be, and it's going to retail for way more than it's worth. So on that alone, I'll be waiting for a huge discount sale (which would most likely be this time next year at the earliest), plus if you can't host servers it's pointless because I'm really not interested in playing in servers where I'm forced to listen to fuckboi's drop n-bombs and spew other dumb shit. ... Or play with hackers.

Back