BF3 & (SOON) BF2 MAPS SERVER#3 Keeps Crashing

jmac

There is a solid core of players that are consistently playing in this server. It crashes often. Today it crashed around 8pm eastern and then again at 9:45.

Is there anything that the pub players can do to help improve the server; i.e. would donations improve the server?

We've played on other 64 man CQ servers that don't crash.

Love the server. It just crashes...often.

server crashed twice today due to datacenter issue. Nothing we can do. It seems to be rectified according to our provider.

There is/was an additional "restart" at 5 pm eastern. This occurs daily to ensure lag free environment.

Today it crashed more than often, typically it should be only doing once a day at 5 pm, reason above. Battlelog also had issues a couple days ago causing most servers to crash (not just ours)

Be sure, we run the latest hardware available to us with 25 TB of bandwidth and 32 GB of ram E3-1271V3 cpu that clocks speed up to 3.9GHZ. And we have two more boxes with similar specs, plenty of room.

Last edited:
Yesterday was definitely worse than usual.

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Just to follow up. Played for a couple hours last night. Zero issues.

Server crashed today around 6:15ish. It don't even think that it was full.

From our provider earlier today

A particularly large DDoS caused problems for us and upstreams a short while ago. We are currently analyzing it further and taking appropriate actions.

Nothing can be done with that on our side.

Server crashed at 9:40ish. Probably another DDoS, but wanted to let you know.

Doesnt appear to be an attack. It has been running all day and night according the GT graph so eventually it's going to cave

Hey, the server seems to be having issues. It seems laggy and is crashing. It crashed again tonight around 8ish. I play mostly in the evening (Eastern time) and it seems to crash once a night. Just letting y'all know.

There is nothing wrong with the server. There are other servers running on the same box and they have 0 issue. What you are experiencing is 1) there is automatic restarts every day at 5 pm. There is a server message that scrolls about this 2) is most likely "blaze" issue where it tosses the players out of the server but the server itself is not crashing. That is on battlelog's end not ours. If you get booted and you see our server running the same map and ticket that means it was you that was kicked from the server not the server crashing. We run on the best hardware and network. If one server were to be a problem, then all of them would be because they are all on the same network, datacenter and location. Please refer to my screenshot below, that server is on the same box as few other BF4 servers, none of which experiencing anything out of norm.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 192
Fast,
Thanks for the reply. I understand your explanation. I don't know how to explain the difference between the actual playing experience and what you see on your end.

I don't mean to be argumentative, but it definitely was a crash. The server disappears from my favorites list. When it appears again, the server isn't populated. Nor was it the 5pm optimization reboot. I noted the time (8ish Eastern) in my post. Amaru also said it crashed again just after 9pm.

I occasionally play on the TBG all maps server and don't seem to experience the performance issues that happen on the BF3 server. I don't know how to explain the difference since they are on the same box.

Snakebabies has been playing when things start going south. Perhaps he can add some info.

I'm not posting to be a jerk; I'm posting because I love TBG's BF3 server. :)

I love it too. :)
Fast, I tried to immediately rejoin the server but there was only like 7-9 players playing when I clicked on view full server page. So I assumed something happened to the server since it was full previously. I had to leave when the game got disconnected and just posted on the TBG page what i posted last night in a rush. I should've provided a little bit more info than just saying it crashed. Maybe it was on battlelog's end. I dunno. Anyways thanks for checking it out for us. I would of taken a screen shot but i'm embarrassed to say I don't know how or even how to attach it to the website. I'll google it eventually but i'm lazy like that at times. My dad use to say in Spanish that I would do it when my balls were ready too. In Spanish, it sounds a lot better. LoL. I'm sure it's not difficult. Thank you all again for running a great community and have a awesome day (or if your fortunate enough to have a three day weekend.) Thank you MLK!

I've experienced what jmac mentioned, along with 4-5 others on my friends list who were in the server and the server disappears from my favorites list temporarily. I understand scheduled server restart time is to optimize, but I recall one day the server was lagging 15-30 minutes after the scheduled restart so I don't know why that was going on. Others were experiencing lag as well

The server just crashed; 12:43 Eastern. It's not in my favorites. And the friends with which I was playing also experienced it.

http://tbgclan.gameme.com/bfiv7

Look at that graph it's been up for a longtime before it crashed. That's normal. The server constantly sees traffic compared to most servers out there.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 157
I think Battlelog/DICE/EA is fucking with that server. Sometimes(on a daily basis) when I try to join (only happens on that server), it gets stuck on "joining server", or it says "playing BF4" but it is not on my Task Manager, and I have no window available to click on to play (on task bar); but I am still able to join any other TBG server. FUcking Betafield 4: DICED, with no rEAch around.

Back