Bf2142 Alt-Tab problem.

Douglas_G

Hello,

I am experiencing a slight problem. When I Alt-Tab out of bf2142 while it is loading up a map, it will kind of freeze... The music will continue playing, however the window won't maximize, and it ultimately crashes. I do not experience this phenomenon with Alt-Tab at any other point, during gameplay or not.

I am running Win7 Professional 64 bit. I am however running my tv as a monitor in 1024x768 for the game.
I guess I should also mention I am running dual monitors as well.

If someone knows of a solution to this annoyance it would be appreciated if you would clue me in. Thanks.

-Douglas

P.S. I turned off winxp sp3 compatibility and it seems to have resolved this issue. Thanks for all the help.

Been looking since you posted in the chat box. Here is what I found so far;

Alt-Tab Crash Bug Solution

An alternative fix:
1. screen resolution must be the same as windows. if you play at a different resolution than windows is at, change your windows resolution to match.
2. alt tab once before joining server, then alt tab back in.
3. join server. you should be fine alt tabbing now.
-the drawback to this alternative fix is that you need to have windows be the same resolution.

this may sound crazy but it works. Why this has anything to do with fixing Alt - Tab problem is a little nuts but the simple way is just to put back one of the intro-move-files (if you have removed them). Or even simpler download this alttab-fix ( BF2142se_alttabfix.zip (http://www.darknemesis.se/downloads/BF2142se_alttabfix.zip) ) and run it. (it will fix the images that bf2142 is looking for.

If you have never touched the intro files but have problems with alt-tab:

•Go to C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Battlefield 2142/mods/bf2142/
•Delete the folder "Movies".
•Download the alt+tab fix and run it.
If you have removed them or rename them (etc.) and have problems with alt-tab:

•Download the alt+tab fix and run it.
The BF2142se_alttabfix.zip (http://www.darknemesis.se/downloads/BF2142se_alttabfix.zip) file.

I only alt-tab during game, never loading, logging into master server etc.

I haven't problem with alt-tab ing out. Whether it's loading or signing in. That's weird.

rename all intro movies except for the dice one, then you'll be fine.. no need to dl extra software, even though people say it's safe, I wouldn't want to try it.

another tip to help with alt-tab issue is to wait to alt tab after all animation has stopped. so if you are alt tabbing from the main screen, wait for all the animation to cease

Back