## BATTLEFIELD 3 & BATTLEFIELD 2 MAPS | NO LAG | TBGCLAN.COM

What should we do with the BF2/3 server?

• Total voters

militarydan81

Good Morning,

So... I had these crazy thoughts about this super server that I play on regularly (see the subject line). How about a little request for nostalgia? Being as though Battlefield 1 is coming out in 3 months (not to include the Beta) - why not revert the server back to its glory days. Specifically, why not revert back to the big 3 map rotation - Caspian, Oman, and Firestorm?

Just some random thoughts for this morning.. :) :) :)

Happy 4th everyone...

-Dan

I'm in agreement with Dan as well, those 3 maps in the beginning were fantastic. DV itself already has it's own 24/7 server via TBG as well. Also, I've seen when DV comes up in the rotation results in a population drop, but that's just an observation I've noticed from time to time.

, I've seen when DV comes up in the rotation results in a population drop
I have noticed this too. I feel it is because of 1200 ticket count(unfortunately we cannot drop ticket count for 1 map? @Matt(FAST) may be able to clarify). Round times seem to increase 100% on DV. When at max on a good round, 45 mins tops. Also when very low pop, I have played 2 hours on that 1 map.

Last edited:
I'm for taking Dragon Valley out, since ticket count can't be dropped for one map. Maybe we can replace it with something else to keep the variety going? Propaganda anyone?

Keep Outbreak!

I am in agreement with Dan. I think it would be a great thing for the server and the community to go back to Caspian, Oman, and Firestorm.

That's just one option. My actual preference would be to reduce the ticket count to 800 for the server and keep the rotation as it is, however unpopular an opinion it may be.

The issue is the amount of time required for Dragon Valley with 1200 tickets. 45 mins to an hour is just not appealing or something I look forward to no many casual gamers who just want to come in and play a round or two. Not spend their entire allotment of gaming time on ONE map, and have to run around for 5 minutes just to see someone, die, and then have to wait. That can't be appealing for anyone.

Thanks for hearing all the suggestions Fast. My first preference would be a ticket reduction for Dragon Valley only, but we know that's not possible without having to change the ticket count for all the other maps. Dragon Valley goes on forever and I know in our TS there is usually a collective groan when it comes on and we all check the time to see if we have another 45 minutes - 1hr to play. It doesn't fit the feel of the other 4 maps in the rotation because it is so huge and slow paced. Also, as Chevy pointed out, Dragon Valley already has it's own 24/7 server. I am in favor of removing from the BF3/BF2 rotation.

However, I am in favor of keeping Outbreak. It's a fantastic map, reasonable distances between cap points, well laid out and offers a focus on infantry / tank gameplay. It is also very balanced and I have been in many close rounds on this one. It has a definite BF legacy feel to it reminiscent of Vietnam or BFBC2. Server population stays high through this map; I really enjoy this one and am in favor of keeping it.

I understand the purpose of the server is too reflect BF2/BF3 maps (the glory days of this franchise we all agree I am sure). I must say that Propaganda would probably be next closest though; it reminds me a lot of Hue (1968) or Saigon (1968) from BF Vietnam. This map has a very balanced layout and offers great infantry/armor gameplay very similar to Outbreak. However, TBG admin know best and it is your server; we'll play on it probably no matter what you guys do.

Last edited:
Yes sir. I am also for keeping Outbreak in the rotation since it has the right feel to it. Dragon Valley is not very enjoyable, please remove it.

There is no air in Propoganda, but there is a tank---militarydan will rape!
Let's dispel once and for all with this notion that SAS doesn't know what they're doing they know EXACTLY what---:D jk

Outbreak limits air enough as is but ya I would say keeping Outbreak is a good idea because last year I realized some non-regulars go to the formerly named 2nd Assault Server to get their GOL, and now to get the Phantom bow. There are + and - to that, but a group of people going to the location to get the bow doesn't impede teamplay as much as people getting GOL in Caspian or Firestorm.

I like Dragon Valley, more than Oman but you guys have decent reasoning to remove it. I hope this server remains if/when TBG moves to BF1. I think I'm going to wait until I can get both BF1 + all DLCs for $40-70. Otherwise I'll probably end up levelcapping again and being upset with DICE for lack of appreciation to those who play a considerable amount of time. That's what I'm telling myself to have some sort of fight against the tentacles of DICE/EA that include open beta, marketing, and passive peer pressure with battlelog notices of friends buying the game LOL I unfriended one guy for buying Hardline but we weren't close.

¡Happy 4th, Viva Freedom!

To be honest, Metro should be included since it's conquest and it's a BF3 map ;)

To be honest, Metro should be included since it's conquest and it's a BF3 map ;)

I don't understand why TDM metro has an isolated section not included in conquest. That area is so open---the inside metro area should be TDM only if anything with all those chokepoints---but better yet why not both DICEy DICE?

Last edited:
i would be happy to see dragon valley go. Wouldnt cry if outbreak went too...

I am in agreement with Dan. I think it would be a great thing for the server and the community to go back to Caspian, Oman, and Firestorm.

That's just one option. My actual preference would be to reduce the ticket count to 800 for the server and keep the rotation as it is, however unpopular an opinion it may be.

The issue is the amount of time required for Dragon Valley with 1200 tickets. 45 mins to an hour is just not appealing or something I look forward to no many casual gamers who just want to come in and play a round or two. Not spend their entire allotment of gaming time on ONE map, and have to run around for 5 minutes just to see someone, die, and then have to wait. That can't be appealing for anyone.

Couldn't possible agree more.

Do wuteva u want with the Dragon Valley. & plz dun drop the ticket count. Cuz 800 z way 2 low 2 have a fun game... I think... & keep Operation Outbreak. Cuz it's natural beauty brings relief 2 ur eyes after playin' in those ugly desert maps lol :rolleyes::p:D

Back