38 million gallon Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates in reservoir

1098278_496268917114707_680677811_n.jpg

where the fuck was batman when that kid was pissing in the city's water supply. He could have had a neuro-toxin his piss! Damn you Batman!

Incredibly stupid over reaction. For everyone they catch I guarantee there are 100's they don't. The contamination level is probably not even measurable. Will they drain it every time the see a deer peeing near the water source? The kids should be fined heavily and given tons of community service though.

I think the urine would be so diluted that it wouldn't matter.

Drain it down to Californias central valley, the farmers can still use it for irrigation during this drought. Problem solved...

urine is sterile coming out the pipes is it not? There was probably more flouride and other chemicals in that water, I doubt that urine would even pop up on a water tests slide....You know unless that kid was hanging out at say Yucca Mountain for like 25 years of his life

Growing up one my crazy science teachers always talked about how easy it would be to poison everyone by getting into our open water supply lol

urine is sterile coming out the pipes is it not? There was probably more flouride and other chemicals in that water, I doubt that urine would even pop up on a water tests slide....You know unless that kid was hanging out at say Yucca Mountain for like 25 years of his life
More of a worry would be introducing hepatitis or HIV into the water supply, even if it was trace amounts in that volume. They should drain it and make him scrub the thing chemically top to bottom ;)

Portland is now the city of Piss Drinkers! Seriously, they decided not to drain that reservoir after all:

http://gizmodo.com/portlands-draini...-one-dude-1564355872/1570317925/+alissawalker
Remember when Portland was gonna dump 38 million gallons of drinking water because that one dude peed in it? Well, it turns out the city has had a change of heart, and the water won't be flushed—at least not just yet.

According to NBC News, the tainted water was diverted to another reservoir where it's currently being monitored. It likely won't be used for drinking but it will be serving a purpose: The water will be tested for quality over the next few months while Portland is required to take all its open-air reservoirs offline by 2015 due to new federal mandates. Oh, and due to heavy rains, the original reservoir was refilled rather quickly. Good old Portland.

Also thanks to NBC News, you can watch video of the dude doing the deed. The per-pee-trator, Dallas Swonger, urinates on the sloped wall of the reservoir, while his two friends actually climb over the fence, and one of them goes into the water. Of course, they also all take selfies. [NBC News]

There gonna "monitor it" fuck why don't they just stand at the capitol and burn taxpayer money. Are they fucking retarded in Portland? I saw somewhere someone did the math on this it was something like 0.0000019% of 1% has the pollutants of that one guys urine in it. It is an open reservoir all sorts of animals piss and shit and die in there.

Well first they spent the money to move it to one of the other reses and now they are monitoring it lol.

an average human at most can pee around 800 ml , 0.8l . The water supply is 143 845 648l
this means that the amount of polluted water is 0.000000561% of the total.

I saw its about 2 cups (to early to do the conversion) about 90% of that is water and the other 10% is waste

Back